Delaugere & Clayette Type 4K 16 CV coupe chauffeur by Carrosserie de Boulogne 1908
2022 Nationale Oldtimerdag - Lelystad (NL)
Delaugere & Clayette from Orleans was a one of the lesser known French car manufacturers, generally only of regional importance. It started in 1889 as Delaugere and became Delaugere & Clayette in 1906 after Maurice Clayette had joined the company. A variety of models were offered with 2, 4 or 6-cylinder engines.
After the first World War the company struggled to offer cars at competitive prices compared to mass produced models from the larger French manufacturers and ultimately stopped production in 1926. The factory was bought by Panhard and used to produce bodies for Panhard models up to the 1940s, while Pierre Delaugere stayed on as a director.